Department: Creative Services
Reports to: Senior Editor
Feref is a creative agency for a connected world. We provide strategic and creative direction to our clients’ brands and work across all media channels and disciplines. The agency’s clients include Disney, Amazon Prime, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Duracell, Sony, Twentieth Century Fox, Jazwares, Universal and Warner Bros and the UK Government’s GREAT campaign.
As an integral part of the Creative team, the offline/online editor is responsible for creating high standards of audio visual content for trailers, promos, TV/Radio spots, montages and online content.
- To edit high standard AV content that is industry recognized
- To incorporate high-impact motion graphics into TV Spots, trailers etc
- To ensure all content is QC’d and technically correct and all project deadlines are met
- To be able to work alongside other in-house departments to insure design and creative continuity across campaigns
- To ensure all projects are organized within Avid; correct, checked and backed-up on a regular basis and that material is logged in and stored appropriately
- To manage highly sensitive digital delivery downloads assets from around the world
- To encode AV content in various formats ready for client approvals, clearance and digital broadcast
- To be responsible for the creation of materials required for sound mixing, finishing and/or media transfer
Required Experience & Skills
- 1-2 years’ experience as an Avid editor in an advertising environment
- Ability to edit high-standard AV content (TV Campaigns, Sizzle Reels, Digital Outdoor Campaigns) that is industry recognised
- Experienced with entertainment advertising campaigns (Film, TV), including workflow and best practices
- Excellent storytelling ability in creating short form entertainment TV ads and promos
- Minimum basic understanding of After Effects with a view to learning and increasing your graphics experience during your time at Feref
- Integrated thinking to insure all AV works with online and print campaigns
- Understanding of Clearcast and trafficking requirement
- Have an understanding of Avid media transfers and computer maintenance
- A positive can-do attitude and flair for finding creative solutions to facilitate and bring to life creative concepts
The Work Environment
Feref looks for personality as well as experience. We run a hard working yet good humoured and closely knit team. We are based in the centre of Soho and have a culture of making our team’s experiences rewarding, dynamic and provide structured career development.
Next steps: If this role matches your skills and ambitions please send your current C.V. to PaulWillett@feref.com with Editor Job Opportunity in the subject line.