Senior Social Designer
Reporting to: Creative Directors
Feref is an award-winning fully integrated creative agency based in Soho, London. Since 1968 we’ve helped to launch some of the biggest and best-loved movies in cinema history. Today, we create campaigns for the world's most recognisable brands - including Spotify, Disney, Sky, Sony Music, Sony Pictures, Amazon Prime and more. Recently having worked on campaigns for Spotify Wrapped, Spotify DJ and The Last of Us.
Feref are looking for a hands-on Senior Social Designer to ideate and produce content for some of the world’s biggest entertainment brands. Working closely with our Social Media Strategist and Creative Teams you’ll be responsible for concepting, creating and crafting social-first thumb-stopping content across key accounts. This is an exciting role that requires a passion for social storytelling. You will play a key part within our fast-paced team and will work closely with other members to create high quality and socially engaging content.
- Conceptualise, create, and visualise engaging content for social media campaigns and strategies across TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Twitch, Reddit etc.
- Leading on the graphic style and tone of creative content, ensuring it aligns with the client’s needs
- Repurpose existing content (e.g. trailers and interviews) with social in mind.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the creative department such as Art Directors, Copywriters and Creative Directors to ideate during team brainstorms
- Ability to direct the wider creative department as well as editors to ensure all content is social first and in line with the latest trends
- Brief and work with external freelancers and creatives, ensuring a strong line of communication is upheld and that work is created to the desired quality
- Maintain a good knowledge of all the platform updates, rules, safe areas, and limitations, providing insights to the team and clients of current industry trends and future improvements
- You ‘live and breathe’ social and are on top of pop culture and social trends
- Able to work at pace across multiple projects to deliver to strict timeframes
- Have a keen eye for detail and be able to maintain quality control of own work and that of the team.
- Monitor competitor activity and industry innovation to ensure Feref remains ahead of the curve
- Opportunities to build and deliver pitches for new clients
- Foster good relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional teams
- Work closely with the rest of team to enable and share learning across all account activity
- Act as a subject matter expert and internal point of contact on all social media affairs
- Become familiar with Feref’s brand, culture, values, and existing business processes
Required Experience & Skills:
- Extensive experience within a creative social media environment
- Excellent understanding of social platform trends, techniques and behaviours and comfortable creating social concepts to make the best use of each platform's features and functionalities
- Proven track record working within a fast-paced social media team
- Strong design background with excellent design, layout, and typography skills.
- A portfolio of high quality, compelling design solutions
- A great understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator. But you’ll also have some working knowledge of After Effects to bring some creative to life
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively liaise directly with clients and the confidence to present work clearly
- A great team collaborator
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining this small, close-knit team.
Here are some perks and benefits:
- Cycle to work schemes
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays, plus birthday off
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
- Access to Mental health support via Self Space
- CharlieHR perks
- Hybrid working
- Sabbatical after 5 years
- Tickets to premieres and screenings
If this role matches your skills and ambitions, please send us your CV and examples of your best work to email@example.com with Senior Social Designer in the subject line.